Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankfulness

As Thanksgiving Day approaches and we make plans for travels and seeing family, I wanted to reflect on something I am very thankful for this year and every year.

I am truly thankful for my son's heart defect. Now this may sounds very strange to many people, but I believe that this is what I was meant to do.
I was meant to have a child with a heart defect that struggled.
I was meant to be affected after spending 30 days at his bedside at Nationwide Children's' Hospital.
I was meant to enjoy volunteering but still looking for a group to work with, then I found the AHA.
I was meant to be blessed with great support by everyone at the AHA in Columbus.
I was meant to be a top fundraiser for 4 years with the AHA.
I was meant to be a mentor for new heart families, especially new heart moms in the area.

Then I was asked to create a Mended Little Hearts group in Columbus. Without everything that had happened prior to this asking, I would have said no. But with the support that I have had from family, friends, and AHA, I knew that it was time. This is an organization that can help new families in so many way, it was MUCH needed.

Because of everything that has happened to our family over the past 4 years, I feel that it has changed it for the better.
WE are aware of how important family is, especially in these situations.
WE are aware of how quickly your health can change and how hard it is to stay healthy!
WE are a much closer family, thanks mom and dad for watching Miles so I can go to work. I do not know what I would do without you nearby. And Miles would rather hang out with you.
I know that our family bond is much stronger due to Miles' heart defect.
WE are a very special family.

I would not change a thing, I am so thankful and truly blessed by my son's heart defect.
What are you thankful for? This time of year or any time?

No comments: